Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Since I didn't...

Get any, and I mean ANY Christmas crafts completed last year, I decided to get started early this year on several with the hopes of having them ready before Valentines day. Yes, I seriously had to give Christmas gifts to friends for Valentines ... in my defense I started working again outside my home in November and WOW.  Just WoW.

So in the love of all things Pinterest.  I made these:
I SPY Ornments.
I bought giant glass Christmas ornaments on clearance in January and started collecting tiny white and silver things.  The 'filler' was the hard part.  Those little beads are expensive at the craft store so I went to Goodwill and bought beanie babies...slightly gross, but since no one will have to handle the beads I decided to go for it.  So instead of spending $25 on beads I spent $4 and chopped the heads off of eight beanie babies.  There are twenty different white and silver things in there along with the filler beads, silver, white and glass glitter.    They are extremely heavy and I had to use E600 to glue the caps on them.  Still they may be table top decor rather than an actual ornament, which is fine since they beg for handling really.   If I were making more of them I would probably try harder to find the foam bean-bag filler, which would make them significantly lighter, but oh well.  They are overweight, like the rest of us.   Can't wait to give these for Christmas this year. 

1 comment:

  1. OK....THOSE are adorable! I love the mental picture I have of you chopping the heads off the beanie babies. :-)

    Makes me think, though....the bean bag filler....maybe an actual bean bag from Goodwill? Then you could make LOTS of them.....

    I guess I need to start working on my Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am soooo excited you are leaving a comment!