Monday, June 18, 2012

Honestly I am really a knitter.

But apparently I have a little crochet problem.  Strangers have actually stopped my girls to take their pictures in their monkey hats I made them last fall (see the previous post on with the Sock Monkey Halloween costume).  This pattern also came from Etsy SweetKiwiCrochet.  Really simple pattern can crochet up in less than hour...if you don't count sewing on the ears, mouth, eyes and making the pom-poms. 

So okay, it still needs eyeballs but this is basically what they look like..  My girls actually slept in theirs most nights this winter.  They are cute.  This one is for a toddler.  I had extra yarn after making the two for my girls and so I made the baby and toddler versions as well and just haven't sewn the eyes on them yet.  I put mismatched eyes on the girls' hats and will probably do the same for these.

And I just finished two of these for the girls next December...
they have earflaps and long white fuzzy braids hanging from the flaps. 
The thread has sequins incorporated so they have a little sparkle.  Kind of cheesy, but fun.
This pattern also purchased on Etsy from SweetKiwiCrochet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am soooo excited you are leaving a comment!