Saturday, April 16, 2011

Not Very Crafty Lately...

but I have done a few things.

First I tried my hand at "Cake Balls", which really truly have an awful name, but are super easy and with a little more practice could be adorable.

I also like that I can keep the balls in the freezer and just dip a few when needed for quick coffee with a girl friend or a fun addition to cold lunches.



And then I've been warming back up my face painting skills for the upcoming fun fair.  This rose is eluding me this year...

I want it to look tattoo-ey, and even as I type this sentence staring at the pictures I just realized it needs some black for that to happen, but it is definitely improving...

She LOVES this one.


See?  Definitely getting better, but now needs a bit of outlining if I want it to be "tattoo" like.

I've also been working on these super cute little door hangers
for May Day "baskets" and simple teacher gifts, etc. 
(Which I will photograph this week, when I have more completed.)

Oh!  And I made myself a cute little metal stamped necklace that I've worn every day this week. 
 (No photo, yet. =)

4 comments:

  1. K..... really? How did I miss your return? Love you and missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reread....

    LOVE the roses. You are really talented. You would make our Martha very proud.... except you aren't a b**** like she is. :-)

    And cake balls.... I really like cake balls.... strawberry is my favorite, but only if it is REAL strawberry. The boxed strawberry, to me tastes.... metallic, for lack of a better word. What recipe do you like to use? My current favorite thing to make: whoopie pies. :-) Over the holidays, I had some delicious pumpkin whoopies that I made with a wonderful cream cheese filling..... YUMMERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a huge response to this LL, but I don't know where it went. ??? So in summary:
    *Thank you.
    *Embarrassing to admit, but I LOVE Martha.
    *Cake Balls:
    Not a strawberry cake fan. I did make these in the photo with Martha's One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe and a Marshamallow "Smore" frosting recipe - I think I've shared that one with you?
    I made some for #1's Confirmation Party two weeks ago - both Lemon and Chocolate with boxed mixes and (egads!) canned Cream Cheese frosting - and got nothing, but raves. (I was in a hurry!) But the scratch recipe was the best for sure.

    * I've seen lots of recipes for whoopie pies lately! Please share yours and how much work they were?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sent you the whoopie pie recipe on FB

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am soooo excited you are leaving a comment!